Convenient Laboratory Services Close to Home 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week
Whether you're in the hospital or needing outpatient testing, HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital gives you access to round-the-clock comprehensive laboratory services. The most advanced computerized equipment provides quick and accurate results right here, so you can detect and monitor diseases close to home. St. Joseph's Hospital technicians perform more than one hundred thousand diagnostic tests each year, giving you the confidence of experience and expertise working for you.
Three leading agencies have recognized St. Joseph's Hospital laboratory services' excellence - a testament to the commitment to quality. The lab holds accreditations by:
- the College of American Pathology
- the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act
What services does St. Joseph's Hospital lab provide?
- Hematology - Evaluates blood cells and determines anemia or infection.
- Coagulation - Analyzes clotting times and coagulation factors to determine if you have any blood disorders.
- Serology - Determines the presence of antibodies against a microorganism.
- Urinalysis - Reveals diseases that may have gone unnoticed such as diabetes and urinary tract infections.
- Blood Bank - Performs compatibility testing on blood donors and recipients.
- Blood Gas - Checks the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your blood.
- Microbiology - Uses cultures to look for suspected pathogens and determine the best drug to prescribe.
- Pathology - Examines tissues, cells and body fluids to diagnose disease.
- Semen Analysis - Primarily for fertility and post vasectomy analysis
- Point-of-Care - Protime/INR: coagulation monitoring
- And more
When is outpatient lab testing available?
Outpatient testing is available Monday through Friday 6 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and on Saturdays 7 a.m.- 2:30 p.m; there are no regular hours for outpatient testing on Sundays and holidays. Although appointments are not required for outpatient testing (unless you need therapeutic phlebotomies), please stop at patient registration before going to the laboratory. Also, bring a physician's order with you, or fax it to (618) 651-2775.
How do I schedule therapeutic phlebotomies?
An appointment is required for therapeutic phlebotomies. To schedule, call (618) 651-2783. Appointments are available from 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
For more information about any of St. Joseph's Hospital's lab services, call (618) 651-2780
In need of transportation for laboratory tests? Use St. Joseph Highland's free patient transportation service.