What to Expect as an Inpatient: Hospital Care that Feels Like Home
When you're a patient in the hospital, is comfort as important as care? You want family and friends close by, and you want to be able to stay connected with them when they're not there. You want a safe, comfortable room, where you can rest and recover, treated by skilled, compassionate providers. It's all right here at HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital.
What can I expect in my hospital room?
- All inpatient rooms are private; you don't have to share your room with another patient.
- Large windows offer direct views of nature, easily viewed from your bed.
- 20% of our new inpatient rooms contain systems that can lift and safely transfer individuals up to 600 Lbs. from bed to bathroom - increasing safety and convenience for both you and hospital staff.
- Handrails leading from the head of the bed direct you right into your own private bathroom, helping reduce the risk for falls.
- In-room technology lets doctors and nurses easily view your electronic medical record.
Will my family be able to visit?
- Patient visiting is available 24 hours a day, 7 days of the week, 365 days a year.
- All rooms have "family zones" which give guests a comfortable place to visit or even sleep.
- The Friends Cafe near the Inpatient Department is open 24 hours a day for the convenience of family and friends, complete with WiFi capability.
How can I stay connected with family and friends while I'm in the hospital?
- In-room technology lets you video chat with family and friends.
- High-speed wireless access lets you and your visitors stay connected.
Inside and out, the all new St. Joseph's Hospital is designed to help you heal. Even outdoors you'll find beautiful spaces, such as the Franciscan healing garden and other destinations for relaxation and personal reflection. If you're comfortable and relaxed, you'll rest easier and heal faster - and Inpatient Department is designed to provide and perfect healing environment! For more information, call (618) 651-2600, or to dial a patient's room directly, call (618) 651-2760.