Fast, trusted care close to home
Every second counts when it comes to your health - injuries, illnesses and other critical situations take from urgency to new levels. Thankfully you have a Level 3 Emergency Department right in your backyard. From the smallest cuts to the biggest health concerns of your life, trusted, quality healthcare is always quickly available.
What is a Level 3 Emergency Department?
A Level 3 Emergency Department gives you access to resources including all board-certified emergency physicians, specially certified nurses and a Standby Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (SEDP) - to provide quality emergency care for your children and grandchildren. That means immediate access to emergency treatment, surgical services and if necessary, intensive care for those with:
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
- Cardiac arrest
- Broken bones
- Cuts and scrapes
- Abdominal pain
- And more
What benefits does your Emergency Department provide?
Shorter wait times and better care. HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital has achieved a top 9% Emergency Department patient satisfaction rating out of more than 2,000 hospitals nationwide from Press Ganey & Associates. Here you'll find cutting-edge emergency care, in an emergency department built for quick response and efficient care:
- Private exam rooms
- Located next to Medical Imaging Services and Surgery Services for faster access to imaging services vital to emergency care
- Two separate entrances:
- A walk-in entrance in the rear southwest corner of the hospital (off of the Poplar Street entrance)
- An ambulance entrance (also located off of Poplar Street entrance) for improved traffic flow
- On-site helipad
- Decontamination facility for rapid response to any hazardous material accident
- Family-centered, comfortable waiting areas with maximum privacy for patients and families
- Ample parking and easy access
For more information, call (618) 651-2920. In an emergency, always dial 911.